Texas Head-on Collision Lawyers
If you or a loved one has been injured in a head-on collision that wasn’t your fault, you may be entitled to financial compensation. Car accidents of any kind can be a traumatic experience, and head-on collisions, in particular, can lead to severe consequences due to their speed differential. An experienced head-on collision lawyer will be able to assess your case, help you understand your legal options, and fight for the compensation that you deserve, allowing you to return to a normal life and take care of yourself and your family.
If you were injured in a head-on collision, the stakes are too high to go through the claims process alone. Insurance companies do not have your best interests in mind, so you need representation that will get you the best possible outcome for your case. Contact the Texas head-on car accident lawyers of Gibson Hill Personal Injury today at (713) 659-4000 for a free consultation on your case or fill out our online contact form.
Why Should I Hire a Lawyer for My Case?
A qualified Texas auto accident lawyer can often make the difference between getting the compensation you need and going home empty-handed. They will be able to use their knowledge of legal processes and their knowledge gained from working with hundreds of clients to get you the best settlement possible.
Insurance companies will often try to lowball you if you have been involved in an auto accident, such as a head-on collision. They understand that many people will not have representation, and so they may not realize they’ve been given a lower settlement offer than they deserve. Experienced Texas head-on collision lawyers have the know-how to negotiate with the insurance companies and ensure that you are being compensated fairly after you were injured by another’s negligent actions.
The claims process is a daunting one, and a qualified Texas head-on collision lawyer is your safest bet. Beyond giving you increased chances of a successful claim, your Gibson Hill Personal Injury lawyer can also help to ease your burden by doing much of the legal grunt work while you focus on recovering from your injuries.
Why Should I Hire Gibson Hill Personal Injury?
Since 2013, Gibson Hill Personal Injury has been providing diligent personal injury representation for clients across Texas, obtaining settlements and awards on a large variety of personal injury cases. Ty Gibson has been selected to the National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 for Texas, a prestigious award for only the most effective civil plaintiff lawyers. Brett M. Hill has won several advocacy awards from his tenure at the South Texas College of Law and has successfully represented hundreds of clients who have been hurt as a result of the negligence of others.
The Texas head-on collision lawyers of Gibson Hill Personal Injury are not a corporate firm. Because we’re a smaller firm, we won’t treat you like a number. We give personalized attention to all cases that we take in. We promise to treat you like family and give you legal advice that will give you the best opportunity to obtain the compensation you deserve for your injuries and other losses.
What Are the Common Causes of Head-on Collisions?
Head-on collisions can be horrific as the opposing forces of each vehicle come together, resulting in a much more severe crash than if the vehicles were traveling in the same direction. Some common causes of head-on collisions include:
- Distracted Driving: Whether it is cell phone use, talking to passengers, or changing the radio, distracted driving can cause drivers to drift out of their lane and into oncoming traffic.
- Failing to account for oncoming traffic: On two-lane roads with poor sightlines, no-passing zones typically delineate the areas where it is unsafe to pass. However, even in a passing zone, drivers need to be alert for oncoming traffic while overtaking other vehicles.
- Fatigued Driving: Drivers who have not had enough sleep or who have been on the road too long can become sloppy or inattentive. This can lead to head-on collisions.
- Driving under the influence: Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs can lead to poor decision-making, which can have deadly consequences, especially on narrow, two-lane roads.
- Not adjusting to low visibility or poor weather conditions: Heavy rain or fog can lower visibility, and rain can lead to slick pavement. If drivers ignore these conditions, they are taking considerable risks.
Recovering Compensation for a Head-on Collision Claim
Being able to recover compensation on a personal injury claim, such as a head-on collision claim, involves proving fault or proving that the responsible party acted negligently. A qualified Texas head-on collision lawyer from Gibson Hill Personal Injury has experience with the process of filing a claim and will be able to use the facts of your case to build a strong case for recovering compensation.
Your compensation will come in one of two ways. Either you’ll get an appropriate settlement from the insurance company or, if an agreement can’t be reached, your Gibson Hill Personal Injury lawyer will take your claim to trial. Your lawyer will help you assess the value of your claim to make sure that you are compensated for both the losses you can see and for those you can’t.
Your compensation will be made up of a variety of losses. These might include:
- Medical bills, including doctor visits, hospitalizations, rehab, therapy, and prescriptions
- Lost wages
- Future lost wages because of a permanent disability that prevents your return to work
- Loss of enjoyment of life, should you be unable to participate in activities you once enjoyed
- Psychological trauma
- Property damage, including your vehicle or other personal property damaged in the crash
The physical and mental trauma that can linger in the wake of a head-on collision is severe, and some of it can last for the rest of your life. If you or a loved one has been injured in a head-on collision or other auto accident, the Texas head-on collision lawyers of Gibson Hill Personal Injury are here to review your case and work to get you the full and fair compensation you’re owed.
Contact Gibson Hill Personal Injury Today
Head-on collisions can lead to life-threatening injuries and life-altering consequences. Getting the compensation you need to pay for medical bills, pay for ongoing treatment, and pay your other expenses is a priority for you.
The Texas car accident lawyers of Gibson Hill Personal Injury have the know-how to get the compensation that you need to get you and your loved ones back to normal and to hold accountable those that injured you through their negligent actions. Call the Texas head-on collision lawyers of Gibson Hill Personal Injury for a free consultation today at (713) 659-4000 and let us get to work for you.